Thanksgiving at Home

So, usually, we head out to either my Mother's or my Father's house for Thanksgiving. This year, we decided that we were going to stay home. Which means we will need to cook all the food. Which means that we don't have to spend at least an hour in the car. Which also meant we would not be Turkeyboxing this year.

For the past 3 or 4 years, we had been what we call Turkeyboxing. We letterbox on the way to either my Mother's or Father's house and plant a letterbox that is Thanksgiving related. I had thought about carving a stamp this year and planting it around town and finding some boxes down in Manchester, but I have been so busy lately, that I welcomed the rest. None of the children mentioned anything about letterboxing so it seemed they welcomed the rest as well. I did however finish a stamp and you all will be able to look for it soon.

So Sarah cooked all the food. Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes and so on and so on. I think this would have been the biggest meal she had eve cooked. And we are a family of 7! She did a wonderful job. After dinner we had some pie and then we all rested some more. Some of us even feel asleep. As I watch some football, I can't help but think about those that didn't have the meal we did. They didn't have turkey, stuffing, or mash potatoes. I wish there was some way that they all could have what we had this year. I was actually surprised we had all that food. Sarah had suggested we invite my Mother for dinner this year and I said I just wanted to make sure we had plenty of food to feed our family first. I think next year, we might do something in the community to feed those that don't have what we have.

So this Thanksgiving, I hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends. I hope you ate lots of bird, and I hope that we at some point thought about someone we all know that would love to have what we had. It wouldn't take much for any one of us to be in that situation. Be thankful for that we are not.

No comments: